Setting a QueryString for a startup page

Nobody

Hi -- I'm developing an ASP.NET application in VS.NET and I want the
startup page to read in some parameters from a querystring. But I
can't figure out where to set the querystring. I thought it was in the
Project Properties dialog under the Debugging tab. There's a dropdown
box where you can set the start up page. But VS ignores the
querystring I add to the page name in this combo box. I know this
because the Request.QueryString property is Nothing when I read it in
the Page_Load event. Any idea where (or if) this is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi,

Project Properties->Debugging tab->Start page textbox (its not a dropdown
box) works ok for me. If you set this textbox to something like
"default.aspx?blah=2" it should fire up your browser with that URL and
querystring parameters.

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

Peter Rilling

You can also the command-line parameters for in the project properties so
something like "?a=10&b=20" (without the quotes. The command-line
parameters are added to the URL in web projects.