Setting a timeout for a cookie

sophie_newbie

Hi,

I'm wondering how do you set a 'timeout' or expiry date/time for a
cookie set using a python cgi script. I can set a cookie ok but I
dunno how to set the expiry time so it always expires at the end of
the session.

Thanks!

Peter Bengtsson

Hi,

I'm wondering how do you set a 'timeout' or expiry date/time for a
cookie set using a python cgi script. I can set a cookie ok but I
dunno how to set the expiry time so it always expires at the end of
the session.

Easy, you don't. It's only if you set a timeout (aka. expires
parameter) that it will last longer than the session.
Just don't set it and it'll last till the browser is shut down.

John J. Lee

Peter Bengtsson said:
Easy, you don't. It's only if you set a timeout (aka. expires
parameter) that it will last longer than the session.
Just don't set it and it'll last till the browser is shut down.

And don't set a max-age parameter either (max-age and expires do
essentially the same thing).

John