Setting options on a select box (ComboBox) - in another window

jodleren

Hi!

I use this to read on the value of my "parent" window.

stemp=window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup.value;

Works well.

Say, I'd like to add an items to that, and select it?

stemp=window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup.options[0].value="hello
world";
- does not work.

Any ideas?

Marc

jodleren said:
Hi!

I use this to read on the value of my "parent" window.

stemp=window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup.value;

Works well.

Say, I'd like to add an items to that, and select it?

stemp=window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup.options[0].value="hello
world";
- does not work.

Any ideas?

How about:

addOptions(window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup, 0, "hello");
/* oValue can also be a string */
function addOptions(object, oValue, oText) {
var defaultSelected = true; var selected = true;
var optionName = new Option(oText, oValue, defaultSelected, selected)
var length = object.length;
object.options[length] = optionName;

jodleren

I use this to read on the value of my "parent" window.
stemp=window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup.value;

Works well.
Say, I'd like to add an items to that, and select it?
stemp=window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup.options[0].value="hello
world";
- does not work.
Any ideas?

How about:

addOptions(window.opener.document.forms[0].workgroup, 0, "hello");
/* oValue can also be a string */
function addOptions(object, oValue, oText) {
var defaultSelected = true; var selected = true;
var optionName = new Option(oText, oValue, defaultSelected, selected)
var length = object.length;
object.options[length] = optionName;

I tried something like that, but never got it to work.

I might take a look at that later, but I had another problem here -
that when reloading the page (location.reload og history.go(0)) it
asked whether to repost data.

Therefore I came up this:
a hidden value on the form, which can be set from the popup window.
Then I submit it. Like this:

window.opener.document.forms[0].reload.value="yes";
window.opener.document.forms[0].submit();

Then I check the $_post[reload] when submitted :)

I think of it as a nice solution. It will the reload the combobox, and
avoid the forms main submit functionality.

BR
Sonnich