Setting the innerHTML on a <span>

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Kerri, Sep 30, 2003.

  1. Kerri

    Kerri Guest

    Sorry,

    That was a typo. It should read.

    I have a RequiredFieldValidator

    This gets rendered out as a <span>

    I want to set the innerHTML.

    So I do this by using below javascript.

    var eMail = document.getElementById
    ("Requiredfieldvalidator1");
    eMail.innerHTML="";

    The same code works for other spans but not for this one.

    Any ideas?

    Kerri.

    Kerri, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Kerri

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Kerri wrote:
    > Sorry,
    >
    > That was a typo. It should read.
    >
    > I have a RequiredFieldValidator

    What's a "RequiredFieldValidator"? Is this a .NET thing? If so, this is a
    classic asp group. You should post your question to one of the dotnet
    groups. I suggest microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.

    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Kerri