Setting the size of a webform

Zoury

Hi there! :O)

I'm looking for way to set the size of a webform. It would like it to work
similarly to the ScaleHeight and ScaleWidth properties in VB. Those
properties actually set the size of the working area *in* the form,
excluding the window frame and toolbars et menus.

I've tried this :

<script language="javascript">window.resizeTo(300, 400)</script>

but it set the window size to 300 x 400 regardless of the frame, toolbars
and menus dimension...

I would also like to make the webform unsizable and modal if possible... is
there a way?

any help would be much appreciated :O)

Zoury

Thanks for the quick reply John! :O)

I'm actually trying to implement a DialogBox... and i'm affraid this is a
little more complicated than I thoughts. Have you done this kind of stuff
before?

I'll also take a look at the javascript group as you suggested.

Thanks again

Jacob Yang [MSFT]

Hi Yanick,

Based on my research and experience, I think that what you want is
window.showModalDialog. Please refer to the following URL for the detailed
informaiton:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
erence/methods/showmodaldialog.asp

The Page.RegisterStartupScript method allows ASP.NET server controls to
emit client-side script blocks in the Page. Please refer to the following
URL for the detailed informaiton:

frlrfsystemwebuipageclassregisterstartupscripttopic.asp

Does it answer your question? If I have misunderstood your concern, please
let me know.

Best regards,

Jacob Yang
Microsoft Online Partner Support
<MCSD>

Zoury

Hi Jacob! :O)

Thanks for the help. I'll run some test and give you feed back then, but it
seems to be interresting. ;O)