Setting up text for a whole table column at once; Possible ???

Erik van Duijn

Hi all!

I have a question regarding tables and making up the text inside its cells:

I have a multi-column/-row table in which I use a different color for each
whole column. My question is: Is there a way to code this for all these
cells in one time instead of having to specify it for each of those cells
over and over again? The method of specifying it for each cell seperately is
what I use now, but probably costs a lot of extra load time since the table
has quite a lot of rows

I don't use CSS but normal coding <text color= size= etc.etc. > parameters.

Bye and thanx in advance
Erik

**************************************
To send me an email, please remove "WIPETHISSTRING" from my email-adress
**************************************

David Dorward

Erik said:
I have a multi-column/-row table in which I use a different color for each
whole column. My question is: Is there a way to code this for all these
cells in one time instead of having to specify it for each of those cells
over and over again?

Yes, but not in MS IE which hasn't implemented that part of the 1998
specification yet.

td { color: red; } /* All data cells */
td + td { color: blue; } /* All data cells except first in row, overrides
above */
td + td + td { color: green; } /* All data cells except first two in row,
overrides above */
and you can continue to extend it.
The method of specifying it for each cell seperately
is what I use now, but probably costs a lot of extra load time since the
table has quite a lot of rows
I don't use CSS but normal coding <text color= size= etc.etc. >
parameters.

These days that is obsolete, and increasingly less "normal".

Switch to classes and style sheets. That will give you a significant
improvement.