setup associate application with file type

Guest

I have a basic problem about MS.

I can not change the associated application with file type. I have done the
following. go Tools -->Folder Options-->File Types. However, the buttons such
as New, Delete, Change, and Apply are disabled for all file type items in the
file type list.

Anyone could tell how to configure it or reset it?

Thank you.

David

Lars-Erik Aabech

This should probably be in another newsgroup (not asp.net related is it?)

Anyway, try shift-right click'ing a file you want to change the associated
application for in Explorer, select open with->choose program, select your
program and check the "Always" checkbox. That should fix it ;) (Might
differ in win98/win2k/winxp)

Lars-Erik

Guest

Erik:
Thank you.
I have tried it but the "Always" checkbox is disabled.

I met this problem in ASP.NET web application. In which, client user is
supposed to automatically activate the windows application to open the file
(application defined format) when he click the file link (for example, PDF
file) in web browser. Do you have another idea to solve the same thing?

David