sha1 -- core

viki

Is there decent digest (like sha1) in core perl ? Can par embed
modules that have .c components ?

THanks
Viki

Ben Morrow

Quoth viki said:
Is there decent digest (like sha1) in core perl ?

What do you mean by 'core perl'? There's no builtin, but Digest::SHA is
a core module (supplied with perl) as of 5.10.0, and can be installed
from CPAN for earlier versions. Digest::MD5 has been core since 5.8.0 (I
don't know whether you consider MD5 a 'decent digest' nowadays: it
depends on what you're using it for).

There is a crypt builtin, of course, but I doubt that's what you meant
:).
Can par embed modules that have .c components ?

Yes.

Ben