shared code behind file in Asp.Net 2.0

John Lau

Hello,

In Asp.Net 1.1, I am using a single code behind file that is shared by
multiple Aspx pages and a second shared code behind file for Ascx user
controls. The VS 2003 IDE is a bit quirky, moving the code behind file
around when I open a page, but the application works fine.

Now I am trying to upgrade to Asp.Net 2.0. This is also working fine if my
shared code behind file is not in the App_Code folder. If I drag it into
the App_Code folder, I get the following error:

Error 4 The file '/WebSiteCS/App_Code/sharedpage.aspx.vb' is in the special
directory 'App_Code', which is not allowed.

Guess this means the shared code behind should not be in the App_Code
folder? Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,
John