    of these portals based on his/her experinec.
    Thanks in advance,

    Roy

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Oct 1, 2007

  2. On Oct 1, 5:43 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We are evaluating SharePoint and other existing Portal software in the
    > market and need to select one for our application. We need features like:
    > Document content management
    > User, group permissions
    > Single sign on
    > Managemnet

    What about WSS 3.0?

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 1, 2007

  3. Re: Sharepoint and...

    Thanks Alexey for your reply,
    There are few factors that are the most important before we purchase a
    portal server; being cost effective, ease of development, available features,
    type of application server, operating system, and so on.
    We need to have a better picture by understanding of different portals
    available in the market. Probably an article or any documentation that
    identifies adv/disadvantage of available portals in the market including WSS.
    Roy

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Oct 1, 2007
  4. Re: Sharepoint and...

    On Oct 1, 8:50 pm, Roy <> wrote:
    > Thanks Alexey for your reply,
    > There are few factors that are the most important before we purchase a
    > portal server; being cost effective,

    If you have Win2003 you can try it, because

    WSS 3.0 is free (a part of licensing Windows 2003 Server)

    > ease of development,

    good question

    > available features,

    1) Document content management
    2) User, group permissions
    3) Single sign on (Windows-based)
    4) Managemnet (of the portal)
    5) search (possible to improve it)

    > type of application server, operating system, and so on.

    Windows 2003 Server

    > We need to have a better picture by understanding of different portals
    > available in the market. Probably an article or any documentation that
    > identifies adv/disadvantage of available portals in the market including WSS.
    > Roy

    It all depends on needs: how many users, how many documents, OS/dev
    preferences, etc.

    To compare it with MOSS, check the following link

    Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 products comparison
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA101978031033.aspx

    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 1, 2007
  5. Re: Sharepoint and...

    Thanks again Alexey, I will look at the link.

    =?Utf-8?B?Um95?=, Oct 1, 2007