    like much a trick than a supported operation.

    I'd appreciate any help,
    Steve

    Steve B., May 30, 2007

  2. You can make the third party controls render in EW or SD, but you cannot add
    them to the toolbox, as the list is hard coded. Dumb? Perhaps, but I give
    the benefit of the doubt they never saw people using their hammer to beat in
    screws. End users often take a product beyond where it was designed to go.

    To render the third party controls, place them in the GAC. Perhaps the next
    version will allow you do actually place them in the toolbox.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), May 30, 2007

  3. Steve B.

    Steve B. Guest

    Actually, we provide to our customer a CMS like application and we want to
    let them use the web designer or their choice.
    The application clearly separate web designers from developpers. We can't
    ask web designer to use Visual Studio (but we allow it of course), even if
    VS can be greatly customized.

    Controls assemblies are installed in GAC by the SDK setup and render
    correctly in the designer (with the property grid editable as required). The
    only lack is that web designer must add by hand the html tag of our control,
    which is not as simple as what we want to achieve.
    So what our options ?

    Thanks
    Steve

    message news:...

    Steve B., May 30, 2007
  4. Your option is to create a EW add-in to insert the code into the page for
    the user.

    --
    Mike - FrontPage MVP '97 - '02
    Expression Tools & Addin

    md Webs Unlimited, May 30, 2007
  5. To elaborate on Mike's answer create an add-in write its own toolbar or add
    to a menu. The Toolbox is not currently extensible and adding extensibility
    to the toolbox was not on the version 2 feature list presented at Mix 07.
    They did say they hare not looked down version 2 yet. They were actively
    soliciting requests for future version features at Mix. See the Expression
    Web recording over at http://sessions.visitmix.com for more info

    --
    Cheryl D Wise
    MS MVP FrontPage