Should I use datagrid or something else???

Hai Nguyen

I'm building a form so that customer can fill in their data (with a lot of texboxes). I decided to use datagrid. I don't know if I'm on the right track. I was able to build a array of datagrids programmactically. Here is my situation.

From : mm/dd/yy
To: mm/dd/yy

Fill (button)

Grid1 (all of these grids are built programmatcally and added into a placeholder)

Grid2

Grid3

Because there are 2 columns From and To

From : mm/dd/yy (<--- user will fill here) (**)
To: mm/dd/yy (<--- user will fill here) (***)

Grid1

From To A B C
blank blnk (user will fill here) (user will fill here) (user will fill here)

I want to assist user to fill the date they enter at (**) into the From column of the grid for them. I don't know what to do. I tried to write a piece of code for the button fill above but I failed.

Help me if you can. Thanks

protected System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid[] grids;

public void fill (object sender, System.EventArgs e)

{

string from = frombox.Text;

string to = tobox.Text;

foreach(DataGrid grid in grids)

{

foreach(DataGridItem item in grid.Items)

{

Response.Write("Found");

//TextBox tb = (TextBox)item.Cells[1].FindControl("answerbox");

//string str = tb.Text;

//ls.Add(str);

Errror

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 214: Response.Write("Control not found");
Line 215: }*/
Line 216: foreach(DataGrid grid in grids)
Line 217: {
Line 218: foreach(DataGridItem item in grid.Items)