Show all images simultaneously

Cycloop

Hi all,

I am showing an image that consists of a static background and a server
generated transparent foreground. This works fine, but I would like the
browser to show the 2 images simultaneously. Now it shows the static
background first, and then starts loading the GIF foreground. After about a
second, the image is complete.

Is there a (preferably pure html) solution that lets the browser wait until
both images are available, and then show them both at the same time?

Thanks
Hilde

rf

Cycloop said:
I am showing an image that consists of a static background and a server
generated transparent foreground. This works fine, but I would like the
browser to show the 2 images simultaneously. Now it shows the static
background first, and then starts loading the GIF foreground. After about a
second, the image is complete.

Is there a (preferably pure html) solution that lets the browser wait until
both images are available, and then show them both at the same time?

No.

SpaceGirl

Cycloop said:
Hi all,

I am showing an image that consists of a static background and a server
generated transparent foreground. This works fine, but I would like the
browser to show the 2 images simultaneously. Now it shows the static
background first, and then starts loading the GIF foreground. After about a
second, the image is complete.

Is there a (preferably pure html) solution that lets the browser wait until
both images are available, and then show them both at the same time?

Thanks
Hilde

Cant be done, sorry. TO do this sort of thing, you HAVE to use
scripting. HTML is a dumb markup language. It doesn't contain any logic
to allow this sort of thing natively. Use JavaScript if you must, or
consider other technologies like Flash.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Dave Patton

Hi all,

I am showing an image that consists of a static background and a
server generated transparent foreground. This works fine, but I would
like the browser to show the 2 images simultaneously. Now it shows the
static background first, and then starts loading the GIF foreground.
After about a second, the image is complete.

Is there a (preferably pure html) solution that lets the browser wait
until both images are available, and then show them both at the same
time?

Well, you're already said you are generating one of the
images on the server, so the "pure html solution" is to
have a single image tag in your html, and have it point
to a single image that is generated by the server, which
consists of the foreground image merged with the background.