show/hide divs on checkbox click

Mike P

I am trying to hide/show divs based upon whether or not a checkbox is
clicked. Here is what I have done so far to check if the method is
being called correctly, but I am getting the javascript error 'object
required' :

function HideShowContactDetails()
{
if (document.Form2.ContactType.value == "true")
{
alert ("Contact Type selected");
return false;
}
else
{
alert("Contact Type unselected");
return false;

<form action=processAddCompanyAndContact.asp?process=amend method=post
onSubmit="return Validate2()" name="Form2">

<input type="checkbox" name="ContactType"
onClick="HideShowContactDetails()" />

Dooza

Mike said:
I am trying to hide/show divs based upon whether or not a checkbox is
clicked. Here is what I have done so far to check if the method is
being called correctly, but I am getting the javascript error 'object
required' :

function HideShowContactDetails()
{
if (document.Form2.ContactType.value == "true")
{
alert ("Contact Type selected");
return false;
}
else
{
alert("Contact Type unselected");
return false;

<form action=processAddCompanyAndContact.asp?process=amend method=post
onSubmit="return Validate2()" name="Form2">

<input type="checkbox" name="ContactType"
onClick="HideShowContactDetails()" />

Don't you need to give the input a default value?