show hide layers

therealvibe

I have made a simple page with show hide layers with javascript and
css.

http://www.icatt.nl/special/test/salarisstrook_algemeen.html

The idea is that the blue help text rechtangle will have to remain
visible when mouse over (because there will be soon links in it) and
invisible when onmouseout.

I have now placed javascript on the small numbered balls and within
the rechtangle itself.

But I have it in a way that when "onmouseout" the blue help rechtangle
will be hidden. But now the onmouseout event is acting like
onmouseover. Any Ideas to do this correctly? So right now when you
onmouseover it it will disappear :S

If I get this working I can start thinking of putting a timeout on the
rechtangle for it to disappear within a couple of seconds after
"onmouseout"

Let me know.

Dwayne

Jeff North

| I have made a simple page with show hide layers with javascript and
| css.
|
| http://www.icatt.nl/special/test/salarisstrook_algemeen.html
|
| The idea is that the blue help text rechtangle will have to remain
| visible when mouse over (because there will be soon links in it) and
| invisible when onmouseout.
|
| I have now placed javascript on the small numbered balls and within
| the rechtangle itself.
|
| But I have it in a way that when "onmouseout" the blue help rechtangle
| will be hidden. But now the onmouseout event is acting like
| onmouseover. Any Ideas to do this correctly? So right now when you
| onmouseover it it will disappear :S
|
| If I get this working I can start thinking of putting a timeout on the
| rechtangle for it to disappear within a couple of seconds after
| "onmouseout"
|
| Let me know.
|
| Dwayne

If you looked at the code generated in dreamweaver you would've
spotted the cause of your problem.

Within the image map you have an onmouseover (to show) and an onclick
(to hide).

The actual div has the mouse out function.

therealvibe

Dear Jeff,

This is correct. But I still dont understand why the blue rechtangle
hides when I do a mouse over. :S
I need it to bo visable on mouse over and invisable when mouse out.
But ofcourse will trigger only when they mouseover the roundnumbers.

Regards,

Dwayne

Jeff North

| Dear Jeff,
|
| This is correct. But I still dont understand why the blue rechtangle
| hides when I do a mouse over. :S
| I need it to bo visable on mouse over and invisable when mouse out.
| But ofcourse will trigger only when they mouseover the roundnumbers.
|
| Regards,
|
| Dwayne
|
| > On 16 Apr 2007 06:55:26 -0700, in comp.lang.javascript "therealvibe"
| > <[email protected]>

| > >|
| > >|
| > >|
| > >|
| > >|
| > >|

| > If you looked at the code generated in dreamweaver you would've
| > spotted the cause of your problem.
| >
| > Within the image map you have an onmouseover (to show) and an onclick
| > (to hide).
| >
| > The actual div has the mouse out function.
| > (e-mail address removed) : Remove your pants to reply

onmouseout="MM_showHideLayers('spec40','','hide')">

--remove the onmouseout instruction.