Show / Hide Table Rows

Mark

Hi,

I need to be able to have five different links and when when someone
clicks to show row 2, row 1 automatically hides. Right now all i can
figure out is a link that will show but then you have to click the
same link to hide. I want to be able to turn off a row when another
row is clicked on to show?

Can someone help?

THanks
Mark

kaeli

Hi,

I need to be able to have five different links and when when someone
clicks to show row 2, row 1 automatically hides. Right now all i can
figure out is a link that will show but then you have to click the
same link to hide. I want to be able to turn off a row when another
row is clicked on to show?

Put code to hide all non-hidden rows in the onclick that shows one row.

If you id'd your rows right (that is, easy to loop through by calling
them all the same with one char difference or such), this can be done in
a simple loop.

Say all your rows were "myRow_" and a number.

doIt would show the row and loop through and hide the other rows. Say
you have 1-10 of them.

function doIt(r)
{
if (! document.getElementById)
{
alert("error");
return;
}
for (x=1; x<=10; x++)
{
e = document.getElementById("myRow_"+x);
if (!e.style)
{
alert("error");
break;
}
if (e == r) e.style.visibility = "visible";
else e.style.visibility = "hidden";

I'm tired and I didn't test this. Works in theory. Typos be darned. :)

~kaeli~
Jesus saves, Allah protects, and Cthulhu
thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace