showing two images one after the other with css

Guest

Does css have such an option to show one image after another after a certain
duration, does anyone have an example source code of this?

Dylan Parry

Nospam said:
Does css have such an option to show one image after another after a certain
duration, does anyone have an example source code of this?

You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
That is very nice indeed... would he mind if others used it?

Not at all - that's why the source is there.

You should check out brucie's other demos too. His balls are very nice.
;-)

Nik Coughlin

JDS said:
I don't see how that thing works. explain?

It's sending a Refresh in the http headers:

if($speed!=0){header('Refresh: '.$speed.';
url='.$AbsPath.$FileName.'/'.$speed.'/'.$NextImage);}

dorayme

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme

Not at all - that's why the source is there.

You should check out brucie's other demos too. His balls are very nice.
;-)

I could not get excited by them... but the flowers are lurvely...
Any downsides to the basics of such a slideshow?

dorayme

Nik Coughlin said:
It's sending a Refresh in the http headers:

if($speed!=0){header('Refresh: '.$speed.';
url='.$AbsPath.$FileName.'/'.$speed.'/'.$NextImage);}

It is bloody clever.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
Any downsides to the basics of such a slideshow?

It requires PHP support on the server? Only downside I can think of.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Dylan Parry
Says me. Brucie's example isn't using CSS to create the slide show, it's
using PHP to send a refresh header. Ergo, you can't use CSS to cause an
image to reload :p

But you don't have to do it using Javascript. :p

JDS

It's sending a Refresh in the http headers:

if($speed!=0){header('Refresh: '.$speed.';
url='.$AbsPath.$FileName.'/'.$speed.'/'.$NextImage);}

Thanks. That's the part I could not find.

dorayme

Dylan Parry said:
Says me. Brucie's example isn't using CSS to create the slide show, it's
using PHP to send a refresh header. Ergo, you can't use CSS to cause an
image to reload :p

Hang on there... you said you would have to do it with
Javascript. Why would you suppose that MPs response was not to
the very last thing you said?

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, JDS
But could surely be done with any server-side scripting that supports
sending HTTP headers.

That would obviously require translating it to another language, but
yes.