    Nospam Guest

    Does css have such an option to show one image after another after a certain
    duration, does anyone have an example source code of this?

    Nospam, May 25, 2006

  2. Nospam

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Nospam wrote:

    > Does css have such an option to show one image after another after a certain
    > duration, does anyone have an example source code of this?

    You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, May 25, 2006

  3. Nospam

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Dylan Parry wrote:
    > Nospam wrote:
    >
    >> Does css have such an option to show one image after another after a certain
    >> duration, does anyone have an example source code of this?

    > You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

    And ... http://www.google.com/search?query=slide show&num=50

    Javascript and Java will both handle the job. Or host your photos on an
    online photo service and let them do the coding work.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, May 25, 2006
  4. Nospam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, May 25, 2006
  5. Nospam

    dorayme Guest

    In article <r311te6mukv2$>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Dylan Parry
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

    > Says who? http://slide.usenetshit.info/

    That is very nice indeed... would he mind if others used it?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 26, 2006
  6. Nospam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > That is very nice indeed... would he mind if others used it?

    Not at all - that's why the source is there.

    You should check out brucie's other demos too. His balls are very nice.
    ;-)

    --
    Mark Parnell
    My Usenet is improved; yours could be too:

    Mark Parnell, May 26, 2006
  7. Nospam

    JDS Guest

    JDS, May 26, 2006
  8. Nospam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, May 26, 2006
  9. Nospam

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    JDS wrote:

    >>> Says who? http://slide.usenetshit.info/

    >> That is very nice indeed... would he mind if others used it?

    > I don't see how that thing works. explain?

    It's sending a Refresh in the http headers:

    if($speed!=0){header('Refresh: '.$speed.';
    url='.$AbsPath.$FileName.'/'.$speed.'/'.$NextImage);}

    Nik Coughlin, May 26, 2006
  10. Nospam

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Mark Parnell <> wrote:

    > Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >
    > > That is very nice indeed... would he mind if others used it?

    > Not at all - that's why the source is there.
    >
    > You should check out brucie's other demos too. His balls are very nice.
    > ;-)

    I could not get excited by them... but the flowers are lurvely...
    Any downsides to the basics of such a slideshow?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 26, 2006
  11. Nospam

    dorayme Guest

    In article <e55hj2$tr2$>,
    "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:

    > JDS wrote:

    > >> That is very nice indeed... would he mind if others used it?

    > > I don't see how that thing works. explain?

    > It's sending a Refresh in the http headers:
    >
    > if($speed!=0){header('Refresh: '.$speed.';
    > url='.$AbsPath.$FileName.'/'.$speed.'/'.$NextImage);}

    It is bloody clever.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 26, 2006
  12. Nospam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, dorayme
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Any downsides to the basics of such a slideshow?

    It requires PHP support on the server? Only downside I can think of.

    Mark Parnell, May 26, 2006
  13. Nospam

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:

    >> You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

    > Says who? http://slide.usenetshit.info/

    Says me. Brucie's example isn't using CSS to create the slide show, it's
    using PHP to send a refresh header. Ergo, you can't use CSS to cause an
    image to reload :p

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, May 26, 2006
  14. Nospam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Dylan Parry
    <> declared in alt.html:
    > Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    >>> You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

    >> Says who? http://slide.usenetshit.info/

    > Says me. Brucie's example isn't using CSS to create the slide show, it's
    > using PHP to send a refresh header. Ergo, you can't use CSS to cause an
    > image to reload :p

    But you don't have to do it using Javascript. :p

    Mark Parnell, May 26, 2006
  15. Nospam

    JDS Guest

    JDS, May 26, 2006
  16. Nospam

    JDS Guest

    JDS, May 26, 2006
  17. Nospam

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Dylan Parry <> wrote:

    > Mark Parnell wrote:
    >
    > >> You can't do this with CSS. You'll have to do it using Javascript.

    > > Says who? http://slide.usenetshit.info/

    > Says me. Brucie's example isn't using CSS to create the slide show, it's
    > using PHP to send a refresh header. Ergo, you can't use CSS to cause an
    > image to reload :p

    Hang on there... you said you would have to do it with
    Javascript. Why would you suppose that MPs response was not to
    the very last thing you said?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, May 27, 2006
  18. Nospam

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Mark Parnell wrote:

    > But you don't have to do it using Javascript. :p

    So we were both right ;)

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, May 27, 2006
  19. Nospam

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, JDS
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > But could surely be done with any server-side scripting that supports
    > sending HTTP headers.

    That would obviously require translating it to another language, but
    yes.

    Mark Parnell, May 29, 2006