Side Menu Wrapping

Desmond

This is a copy of a site which I have taken over. It is over
complecated, however
I am having a problem with the side menu which should not be wrapping.

CSS: #navigation calls up image
background-image: url(../images/Liberty2.jpg); (Image width = 150
Height = 420)
Width of #navigation defind as 150

CSS: #tabnav also defined as Width 150
Menu Items Holiday Club & YBC Home are wrapping for no reason.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/YBC2/holidayClub2.htm

If I look at this in netscape it does not wrap.

Desmond

Jonathan N. Little

Desmond said:
This is a copy of a site which I have taken over. It is over
complecated, however
I am having a problem with the side menu which should not be wrapping.

CSS: #navigation calls up image
background-image: url(../images/Liberty2.jpg); (Image width = 150
Height = 420)
Width of #navigation defind as 150

CSS: #tabnav also defined as Width 150
Menu Items Holiday Club & YBC Home are wrapping for no reason.

http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/YBC2/holidayClub2.htm

If I look at this in netscape it does not wrap.

Desmond
That is because you have supplied no width for UL#tabnav so it fills its
container DIV#navigation at 180px!

Add
#tabnav
{
background-color: #ff0;
}

and see. In IE the text is a bit larger, even with your pixel-perfect
design so it wraps the last word.

Since you do not want text over the background cross your need to have
the UL narrower than 180px.
#tabnav
{
width: 120px;
}

Not sure why you have the UL#tabnav at height: 20px; though?