Side note: Praise to the contibuters to this group

Amy G

I just wanted to take a second and thank all of the contributors to this
awesome newsgroup.

I am subscribed to a whole bunch of newsgroups for work as well as personal
use. Of all of the groups, I find this one to have the most thorough
programming in python for a little over 2 months, but have already received
phenomenal aide from the brainiacs who lurk about.

So, thank you. Thank you to all who have helped me, and to all who have
helped others to better understand this awesome programming language.

Leo Breebaart

Amy G said:
I just wanted to take a second and thank all of the contributors to this
awesome newsgroup.

"You know, some statements just _require_ that a small amount
of bandwidth be sacrificed to the "Me too" gods, and that's
one of 'em. Yeah, what she said."

-- William December Starr on rec.arts.sf.written

Ben Finney

So, thank you. Thank you to all who have helped me, and to all who
have helped others to better understand this awesome programming
language.

Seconded.

I think that the subject matter itself (the programming language Python)
bears a significant part of the credit. Its design has at least two
effects that contribute to the helpfulness of comp.lang.python denizens.

One is that the language is so much easier to get things done in, than
many other languages. Python programmers are less stressful, less
defensive of "tricks", less jealous of arcane knowledge -- because all
those things are not so common in Python. Things just work, without
tricks, far more often than with other languages.

Another is that it's possible to experiment directly at the Python
prompt to prove a point, or verify the behaviour being described by
someone seeking explanation; and then to cut & paste the result directly
in a reply. This leads to a much reduced effort to help someone asking
a question, leading to more responses, and better ones.

But the bulk of the credit must go to the contributors' willingness to
help. Thanks, all.

Michele Simionato

<snip a well argumented praise to the newsgroup>

One of the main reasons to prefer Python over other languages is
its newsgroup, indeed.

Michele

Nick Vargish

Ben Finney said:
Its design has at least two
effects that contribute to the helpfulness of comp.lang.python denizens.

I'd like to add a third: Programming in Python is actually fun, which
makes helping people with their problems a form of entertainment.

Nick