Sigasi Public Beta: future of VHDL design

philippe.faes

Today, Sigasi proudly announces the Public Beta program for Sigasi
HDT, an Intelligent Development Environment (IDE) for VHDL (http://
www.sigasi.com/publicbeta).

Sigasi HDT (Hardware Development Toolkit) is a powerful VHDL
development tool that assists designers in reading, writing and
modifying VHDL more accurately and faster. It differs from other
development tools in that it contains an ultra-fast VHDL parser and
compiler that runs transparently in the background (http://
www.sigasi.com/product).

Through the Public Beta program, VHDL designers join a community that
takes advantage of modern development techniques. To participate in
the program, please visit http://www.sigasi.com/start.

philippe.faes

How can I setup for running modelsim?

Aiken

Hi Aiken,

To set up external tools, please check the user manual: "help->help
contents" and then "Sigasi HDT -> User Manual -> External Tools"

I suggest further support requests can be handled on the Sigasi
website, in order not to overload this list with off-topic questions:
http://www.sigasi.com/userforum

kind regards

Philippe

Mike Treseler

Hi Aiken,

To set up external tools, please check the user manual: "help->help
contents" and then "Sigasi HDT -> User Manual -> External Tools"

The editor does seem to cover syntax checking without needing vcom.

-- Mike Treseler

Mike Treseler

Matthew said:
That's because they use their own VHDL front end.

Yes, and for that reason Aiken
might not need to hook up modelsim
to jump to syntax errors.

-- Mike Treseler

colin_toogood

I created an account and downloaded it. Then I noticed the one month
license and no pricing. Perhaps you might post again when you have
decided whether I can afford it at which point I will try it. Your
website promises many of the things I've always wanted from an editor.

Colin

Jan Decaluwe

I created an account and downloaded it. Then I noticed the one month
license and no pricing. Perhaps you might post again when you have
decided whether I can afford it at which point I will try it. Your
website promises many of the things I've always wanted from an editor.

The beta program conditions are explained here:

http://www.sigasi.com/betaconditions

Jan

Nial Stewart

I created an account and downloaded it. Then I noticed the one month
license and no pricing. Perhaps you might post again when you have
decided whether I can afford it at which point I will try it. Your
website promises many of the things I've always wanted from an editor.
Colin

Colin,

If you email them they'll give you an outline of what they're thinking
about pricing wise.

I think they should publish this.

Niall