signal - no update 'til I move the mouse

Sorin Schwimmer

Hi,

My project needs to allow some inter-process
communication. That one is solved, and when an answer
is sent, it goes to its destination via a signal.
Then, the Tkinter screen needs to be updated, so the
user can take the next action.

On my laptop it works instantly, on my desktop, only
after I move the mouse inside my application's window.

Configurations:
Laptop: Dell Latitude C600, Gentoo Linux, kernel
2.6.11, Python 2.4.1, KDE 3.3.x

Desktop: IBM NetVista, Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.11,
Python 2.4.2, KDE 3.4.x

I am pretty sure that's not a Tkinter related issue,
since I tested some "print" statements and they behave
in a similar way, but what can it be?

Thanks for your advise,
Sorin

http://mail.yahoo.com