signal - no update 'til I move the mouse

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sorin Schwimmer, Aug 24, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    My project needs to allow some inter-process
    communication. That one is solved, and when an answer
    is sent, it goes to its destination via a signal.
    Then, the Tkinter screen needs to be updated, so the
    user can take the next action.

    On my laptop it works instantly, on my desktop, only
    after I move the mouse inside my application's window.

    Configurations:
    Laptop: Dell Latitude C600, Gentoo Linux, kernel
    2.6.11, Python 2.4.1, KDE 3.3.x

    Desktop: IBM NetVista, Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.11,
    Python 2.4.2, KDE 3.4.x

    I am pretty sure that's not a Tkinter related issue,
    since I tested some "print" statements and they behave
    in a similar way, but what can it be?

    Thanks for your advise,
    Sorin

    http://mail.yahoo.com