Simple 2D Games Java API?

Tivo Escobar

Hi guys,

is there any _free_ Java API (standard or not) for building simple 2D
games. I mean _very_ simple games, with educational purposes.

I have read about the Game API of MIDP2.0 (package
javax.microedition.lcdui.game). It seems quite nice. Can it be used in
common PCs or is it exclusive for mobile devices?

Thanx in advance,

Tivo

Tim Tyler

Tivo Escobar said:
is there any _free_ Java API (standard or not) for building simple 2D
games. I mean _very_ simple games, with educational purposes.

I have read about the Game API of MIDP2.0 (package
javax.microedition.lcdui.game). It seems quite nice. Can it be used in
common PCs or is it exclusive for mobile devices?

It's intended for mobile devices.

There will be emulators for it at some stage - but it's probably not
what you are after.

Instead, maybe try:

http://community.java.net/games/

http://www.gamedev.net/hosted/javanerd/