Simple datagrid question ???

Guest

Dear all,

When I place a datagrid server control on a webform by default it shows 3
columns
My application makes runtime data binding to a table in database. So far it
works well all my column present on my bind dataset gets displayed properly.

Then I try to use template on Column 0 abut when I run my application again,
the fact of adding a template to column 0 has add an extra column before the
column 0..
Is that normal ?
How can I say to my template that it as to be aplied on the first field of
my dataset ?

IN fact what I am trying to do is to define the content of each records of
the first column to be an Hyperlink text, then when I clik on any records of
first column, it will pass click field content to a second querry as
parameter..

how to perform that ?

thnaks for your help
regards
serge

S. Justin Gengo

Serge,

To customize columns you should create template columns for each column of
data you want to display and set the autogeneratecolumns property of the
grid to false.

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP