simple question

ma

Hello,

I am new in ASP.NET. I want that when the user clicked on a push button
in one page another page is sent to user. how Can I do this?

Don't think that it is a special; case: just assume that I have a page names
page1.aspx and in this page I have 2 input boxes and a push button. When
user entered 2 and 3 in input boxed, I want that user redirected to
page2.aspx which shows some information.

I know that I should write in button click event. But how Can I send new
page to user client? I can use Response.write to write to user client, but I
want to display a new page!

Very silly question but I am new!

Regards

Mark Rae [MVP]

Very silly question but I am new!

This is called a postback - when a page is posted back, it submits back to
itself so that appropriate server-side action can be taken on the data that
the user has entered / selected. If necessary, the page can then redirect to
another page.

Postbacks are absolutely fundamental to the way that ASP.NET works. I
appreciate that you are new (everyone was new on their first day!), so I
suggest you get a copy of this:
http://www.amazon.com/ASP-NET-All-R...5220439?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187699395&sr=8-1

and work your way through it - it will help you a great deal...

josef

Hello,

I am new in ASP.NET. I want that when the user clicked on a push button
in one page another page is sent to user. how Can I do this?

Don't think that it is a special; case: just assume that I have a page names
page1.aspx and in this page I have 2 input boxes and a push button. When
user entered 2 and 3 in input boxed, I want that user redirected to
page2.aspx which shows some information.

I know that I should write in button click event. But how Can I send new
page to user client? I can use Response.write to write to user client, but I
want to display a new page!

Very silly question but I am new!

Regards

Server.Transfer will work as well