Simple SMTP server

Jesse Noller

Hello -

I am looking at implementing a simple SMTP server in python - I know
about the smtpd module, but I am looking for code examples/snippets as
the documentation is sparse.

The server I am looking at writing is really simple - it just needs to
fork/thread appropriately for handling large batches of email, and all
it has to do is write the incoming emails to the disk (no
relaying/proxying/etc).

If anyone has any good examples/recipes I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

-jesse