    links or hints where i can research on this topic.

    Thanks for all your help.

    undbund

    undbund, Jan 22, 2007

  2. Scripsit undbund:

    > I would like to create a
    > plain vanilla text button, example:
    >
    > [submit]

    Stop wanting that. Problem solved.

    For an explanation, see e.g. http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990530.html
    mistake #3.

    > When somebody clicks on the word submit, it will behave just like a
    > normal html submit button. Is this possible?

    No, but you can do a lot of harm trying to achieve it.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 22, 2007

  3. undbund

    Brian Cryer Guest

    "undbund" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, i was wondering if this was possible. I would like to create a
    > plain vanilla text button, example:
    >
    > [submit]
    >
    > When somebody clicks on the word submit, it will behave just like a
    > normal html submit button. Is this possible?
    > If it is, how do i go about creating it? Can you guys give me some
    > links or hints where i can research on this topic.
    >
    > Thanks for all your help.
    >
    > undbund

    I would suggest using a normal submit button, but using css to make it look
    like vanilla text. Something like:

    <head>
    input.text {
    border: 0;
    background-color: white;
    }
    </head>
    <form method="post" action="">
    <input class="text" name="Button1" type="button" value="button">
    </form>

    an alternative approach would be to use text or an href and use JavaScript
    to run it into a submit button, but much as I like and use JavaScript its
    probably better avoided if there is a way of doing it without JavaScript.

    Hope this helps.
    --
    Brian Cryer
    www.cryer.co.uk/brian