Simultaneous connections

datbenik

How can i write a program that supports simultaneous multipart
download. So i want to open multiple connections to download one file.
Is this possible. If so, how?

Diez B. Roggisch

datbenik said:
How can i write a program that supports simultaneous multipart
download. So i want to open multiple connections to download one file.
Is this possible. If so, how?

In case of HTTP, the needed header is "Range". So I guess its all a
matter of making n connections, and specifying total_size/n consecutive
ranges in each request.

But be aware that the range is possibly nor supported - no idea how that
is communicated.

Googling reveals this:

http://linux.duke.edu/projects/urlgrabber/

Use that, or look at it and reprogram it accordingly.

Diez