    How can i write a program that supports simultaneous multipart
    download. So i want to open multiple connections to download one file.
    Is this possible. If so, how?

    datbenik, Jan 20, 2006

  2. datbenik

    datbenik Guest

    So this isn't possible with the urllib or with the urllib2?

    datbenik, Jan 20, 2006

  3. datbenik schrieb:
    > How can i write a program that supports simultaneous multipart
    > download. So i want to open multiple connections to download one file.
    > Is this possible. If so, how?

    In case of HTTP, the needed header is "Range". So I guess its all a
    matter of making n connections, and specifying total_size/n consecutive
    ranges in each request.

    But be aware that the range is possibly nor supported - no idea how that
    is communicated.

    Googling reveals this:

    http://linux.duke.edu/projects/urlgrabber/

    Use that, or look at it and reprogram it accordingly.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 21, 2006