Single Class Object Model - new release

micha

Dang, you did it again: you really need to improve your newsgroup quotingskills.  Seehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

I even worked in projects that dealt with aspects of semantic web.  Last time I checked it was as live as object databases.  Considering the ageof the idea wouldn't you believe that it had changed software development _already_ if the benefits are so dramatic?

Basically it's the same niche as AI.  To my knowledge there is no common agreement yet what it means to say "a computer (or program) understands something".  Basically it is us humans who decide whether we think someoneunderstands something and we do this based on interactions (see turing test).  But what aspects belong to this interaction (i.e. only textual via ascreen and keyboard, hand shaking, face mimic etc.) is not clear at all.

Over and out

robert

Hello Robert, Markspace

Thanks again for your feedback, comments, critics (even if critics are
harder to hear than encouragements, you took the time to analyse and
write down an answer and that's better than indifference)

I confess that the project/idea has started only 1 month ago and I was
surely too much excited to present it at a too early stage ('Fast and
Loose', I'm very childish in fact even at 49 years)

I also mixed in old grudges (in my past experience at Dassault
Systemes1991-2000) which were more confusing than helping or providing
any real argument.

I still think I have found something interesting to dig (considering
it as an exercise/playground not a solution) and may come back when
there is more stuff to illustrate what has unfold from it. I think
that the idea could lead to 'object graph editor/debugger' as I
explained previously, but that's a much tougher work (and moreover
maybe it has already been explored by research in the IDE area)

Maybe this newsgroup is not the right place to present this kind of
ideas, as it's more theoric than pragmatic, and I guess that I maybe
just stumbled on a concept (or part of a concept) which may have
already been explored by researchers and at a much deeper level
I'm thinking about bootstrapping feature at the time being, Robert do
you have any advice / tracks for learning about this ? I feel
bootstrapping is an amazing (and mysterious) concept (at the core of
languages like Smalltalk/Lisp/Squeak and SW solutions like Eclipse/
OSGI), if I have already experimented self-extensibility wih Java
reflection and dynamic loading of jars but I think I don't have the
clues yet to implement in in an elegant way