    SillySingleThreadedCOMObject.Method(MyParm)

    End SyncLock

    End Function

    Gregory_May, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Josh Twist

    Josh Twist Guest

    That should work within an appdomain. If you want to synchronise access
    to the COM object across the whole machine you'll need to use a mutex.

    Why is the COM single threaded - is it a VB6 component running in an
    STA? If so, you can usually just add the component to COM+ and you'll
    get access to a lot more threads from the COM+ STA threadpool.

    Josh
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com/

    Josh Twist, Apr 20, 2006

  3. Gregory_May

    Gregory_May Guest

    Thanks!

    Its a 3rd party dll for talking to a piece of hardware.

    Gregory_May, Apr 20, 2006