    Thanks in advance
    Benny

    ---

    Benny Alexander, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Look for Index Services (included with Windows). And if you need to index
    PDFs you need to install the iFilter from Adobe (look for iFilter at
    www.adobe.com).

    Michel Thiffault, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Benny Alexander

    Bullschmidt Guest

    Using Index Server to Search Your Web Site - Part I by John Peterson
    http://www.asp101.com/articles/john/indexserver/default.asp

    Implementing a Search Engine in ASP - 11/10/1998
    "A completely dynamic search engine for a completely dynamic web site
    will hit a database table which ties an article URL to the article's
    description."

    A Text-Based Search Engine - 10/24/1999
    "Using the FileSystemObject, you can search through all of the files in
    a particular directory that contain a particular string."

    A Nifty Table Searching Script by Jerry Wood - 5/27/1999
    Not really a search engine.

    Site Search with Index Server 3 by Darryl Fosbery - 3/25/2001
    http://www.asp-help.com/articles/2000_indexserver3.asp
    "Microsoft Index Server is a standard component of Windows NT 4 Server
    and Windows 2000 Server."
    [This can be used to search static content like HTML pages, Word docs,
    Excel files, and PDF files.]

    Add Search Capabilities to your Intranet With Index Server
    http://www.asppipeline.com/codesamples/kl3/searchpage.htm

    Best regards,
    http://www.Bullschmidt.com

    Bullschmidt, Feb 25, 2004