siteMapPath lost on redirect

oaksong

I've got siteMapPath on my pages. This seems to work pretty well
except for a page that does a redirect. I was using system.transfer
initially and read that it swapped the called page for the current
page without referring to the siteMapPath. It used the path that was
being displayed, which was only slightly inaccurate.

Switching to response.redirect wiped out the path display entirely.
Anyone had any experience with this?

tia
Chris

oaksong

A little more info... Here's the site map segment. When the
reports.aspx page displays I get Main > Reports > OWCP in the
siteMapPath control.
I expect to see Main > Reports > OWCP > Report Viewer in siteMapPath
after the redirect.

<siteMapNode url="" title="Reports" description="Reports">
<siteMapNode url="Reports.aspx?report=case" title="Case
Reports" description="Reports for Cases">
<siteMapNode url="" title="Report Viewer"
description="Crystal Viewer" />
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="Reports.aspx?report=owcp" title="OWCP"
description="OWCP">
<siteMapNode url="" title="Report Viewer"
description="Crystal Viewer"/>
</siteMapNode>
<siteMapNode url="Reports.aspx?report=safety"
title="Safety Reports" description="Safety (OSHA) Reports">
<siteMapNode url="" title="Report Viewer"
description="Crystal Viewer"/>
</siteMapNode>
</siteMapNode>

oaksong

And the ANSWER is:

The URL for the final page must be included, even though it won't be
used.

So the line should look like this:

<siteMapNode url="repviewer.aspx" title="Report Viewer"
description="Crystal Viewer"/>

oaksong

And the ANSWER is:

The URL for the final page must be included, even though it won't be
used.

So the line should look like this:

<siteMapNode url="repviewer.aspx" title="Report Viewer"
description="Crystal Viewer"/>

Turned out this doesn't work. I gave up on web.sitemap and I'm coding
the links directly into the page.