Size and concurrency limits on Jet 4.0 dB engine?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Joe Van Meer, May 5, 2004.

  1. Joe Van Meer

    Joe Van Meer Guest

    Hi there,

    I hear access has a limit of 10-15 concurrent users...although I have never
    run into probs.

    Cheers, Joe

    "Charlie@CBFC" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have chosen to use Jet 4.0 db engine on an e-commerce site because

    client
    > wants to save on hosting costs and doesn't expect a lot of traffic. In

    the

    Charlie@CBFC, May 5, 2004

  3. From my experience..
    a 2GB documented file size limitation although the database will start to go
    haywire long before it reaches that size. About 9,10 "writeable"
    (insert/update/deletes) concurrent connections and 30+ "read only"
    connections (executing select SQL statements). Performance degrades quite a
    bit after 20 readable connections.

    Other considerations...

    Be sure to have the mdb file located on the same box as the webserver
    otherwise performance goes out the window.

    Access 97 (Jet 3.5x) is preunicode. Later versions - the file size will be
    roughly double.

    SQL Server databases security is much better (Jet may be adequate though)
    and is less prone to becoming corrupt.

    Hope this helps.

    Good luck.
    --