    Is it possible to set the size the list renders?

    Thanks in advance

    , Jul 23, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am struggling to find a solution to a dropdown list rendering
    > outside of its iframe, thus obscuring my host's content.
    >
    > Is it possible to set the size the list renders?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Hi,

    Try this...

    <select style="width: 100">
    <option......
    <option......
    <option...... etc
    </select>

    Hope this helps

    Andy

    Andrew Bailey, Jul 23, 2007

    > Try this...
    >
    > <select style="width: 100">
    > <option......
    > <option......
    > <option...... etc
    > </select>

    Hi Andy,

    I'm sorry I should've been more specific. I'm trying to alter the
    length (not width) of the list rendered by the browser. I'm able to
    use style to set the size of the font etc. but am unable to get the
    list to crop at the border of the iframe which contains the control.

    Having spoken to a few people in the office, I believe this is not
    defined in css (unfortunately) hence controlled by the browser.

    If anyone knows a workaround I'd love to hear it. I tried crop,
    zindex already with no success.

    Thanks
    Mike

    , Jul 23, 2007
  4. rf Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >> Try this...
    >>
    >> <select style="width: 100">
    >> <option......
    >> <option......
    >> <option...... etc
    >> </select>

    > Hi Andy,
    >
    > I'm sorry I should've been more specific. I'm trying to alter the
    > length (not width) of the list rendered by the browser. I'm able to
    > use style to set the size of the font etc. but am unable to get the
    > list to crop at the border of the iframe which contains the control.

    Not going to happen. The list dropdown is (usually) another operating system
    *window*, just as your iframe is a window.

    A URL would have been usefull!

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Jul 23, 2007
  5. Bergamot Guest

    Andrew Bailey wrote:

    > Try this...
    >
    > <select style="width: 100">

    FYI, that's invalid code. If you don't know why, you aren't really
    qualified to give this type of advice.

    > Hope this helps

    Sorry, it doesn't.

    --