slick progress bar

Roedy Green

I have noticed a few windows apps displaying progress as a moving
green tide on the icon on the task bar. This lets you monitor
progress of a minimised app.

It would be nice if some of Java apps did that.

Is there anything in the Java API that hooks up to it?
is there a jni lib?

here is some info on how it works under .net in Windows 7
http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

zfollette

I have noticed a few windows apps displaying progress as a moving

green tide on the icon on the task bar. This lets you monitor

progress of a minimised app.

It would be nice if some of Java apps did that.

Is there anything in the Java API that hooks up to it?

is there a jni lib?

here is some info on how it works under .net in Windows 7

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx

time.

~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Could you possibly set the icon label to have a loading bar looking image and extend the size of it depending on the percentage it is loaded?

bob smith

I have noticed a few windows apps displaying progress as a moving

green tide on the icon on the task bar. This lets you monitor

progress of a minimised app.

It would be nice if some of Java apps did that.

Is there anything in the Java API that hooks up to it?

is there a jni lib?

here is some info on how it works under .net in Windows 7

http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx

time.

~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

For some reason, the image there doesn't work:

403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.

Maybe we could help more if we see an image?

Roedy Green

If you want people to help you, maybe you should go through the trouble of
installing said software and taking a screenshot. If even you don't care
enough to install it just to see that feature in action, why would anyone
else ?

I can give you a screenshot, see
http://mindprod.com/dropoff/progress.png
but I don't think you will find it very interesting. I thought you
would want to see it in action. This is a standard Windows C++
feature, so, if you are a windows user, once you see it, you will
likely recognise it.