Slideshow does not work

Fokke Nauta

Hi all,

I don't know as to whether this is the correct usenet group for my post, but
I give it a try.
I downloaded a slideshow script from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/. It works
perfectly on the website I created on my Windows test server. See
http://www.pc3.nl/users/dickderuiter/html/nl/omgeving.shtml and you'll see
the slideshow working.
I uploaded the whole site I created to a UNIX server. Now the slideshow does
not work. See http://www.maisondesmiracles.nl/html/nl/omgeving.shtml, it's
the same slideshow.
All files are there. Pictures and whatever. I already gave the Java .js
files the 755 permissions.
Still won't work.
Has anyone got an idea?
You can find the .js files and the HTML file I used in
http://www.pc3.nl/test. Ofcourse the links are not correct there as I put
all files I used in the same directory.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

With kind regards,

Fokke Nauta

Fokke Nauta

Hot-Text said:
Fokke Nauta said:

It at
http://www.maisondesmiracles.nl/html/common/slideshow/36.jpg
200

No Folder /NL/
You need to move it up to NL folder to work
and it's in and Folder name (common)
Not the Folder name (content)

Now you got me lost a bit. The directory structure is correct. The slideshow
works since I changed the extension of the pictures to small characters.

Fokke

Jonathan N. Little

Fokke said:
Now you got me lost a bit. The directory structure is correct. The slideshow
works since I changed the extension of the pictures to small characters.

Windows is case *insensitive* but UR's and other OSs like Unix and Linux
are not. foo.jpg, Foo.jpg & FOO.JPG are not the same file.

Fokke Nauta

Jonathan N. Little said:
Windows is case *insensitive* but UR's and other OSs like Unix and Linux
are not. foo.jpg, Foo.jpg & FOO.JPG are not the same file.

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, I know. I should have checked this. Then I would have found the
problem.

Cheers,
Fokke

Fokke Nauta

Hot-Text said:
Jonathan
I believe that was were some of the, a bit lost came in...
I running a Windows XP with IE8
and when he changed the extension of the pictures to small characters,

Whoop this it is,
Now I see the slideshow

and now looking forward for a good long Holladay......

It's a nice script, the slideshow.

For me it's time for a holyday as well.
Enjoy yours!

Cheers,