Slideshow does not work

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Fokke Nauta, Dec 15, 2011.

  1. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    Hi all,

    I don't know as to whether this is the correct usenet group for my post, but
    I give it a try.
    I downloaded a slideshow script from http://www.dynamicdrive.com/. It works
    perfectly on the website I created on my Windows test server. See
    http://www.pc3.nl/users/dickderuiter/html/nl/omgeving.shtml and you'll see
    the slideshow working.
    I uploaded the whole site I created to a UNIX server. Now the slideshow does
    not work. See http://www.maisondesmiracles.nl/html/nl/omgeving.shtml, it's
    the same slideshow.
    All files are there. Pictures and whatever. I already gave the Java .js
    files the 755 permissions.
    Still won't work.
    Has anyone got an idea?
    You can find the .js files and the HTML file I used in
    http://www.pc3.nl/test. Ofcourse the links are not correct there as I put
    all files I used in the same directory.

    Many thanks in advance for your help.

    With kind regards,

    Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta, Dec 15, 2011

  2. Fokke Nauta

    Fokke Nauta Guest

    Re: Slideshow does not work looK here

    "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message
    > "Fokke Nauta" <> wrote in message
    >>> http://www.pc3.nl/users/dickderuiter/html/common/slideshow/32.jpg
    >>> ["../../common/slideshow/36.jpg",],
    >>> http://www.maisondesmiracles.nl/html/nl/content/omgeving.htm
    >>> ["../../common/slideshow/36.jpg"
    >>> ,],
    >>> http://www.pc3.nl/users/dickderuiter/html/common/slideshow/36.jpg
    >>> 200
    >>> http://www.maisondesmiracles.nl/html/nl/content/slideshow/36.jpg
    >>> 404 Not Found
    >>> The requested document was not found on this server.

    > It at
    > http://www.maisondesmiracles.nl/html/common/slideshow/36.jpg
    > 200
    >
    > No Folder /NL/
    > You need to move it up to NL folder to work
    > and it's in and Folder name (common)
    > Not the Folder name (content)

    Now you got me lost a bit. The directory structure is correct. The slideshow
    works since I changed the extension of the pictures to small characters.

    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Dec 17, 2011

  3. Re: Slideshow does not work looK here

    Fokke Nauta wrote:

    > Now you got me lost a bit. The directory structure is correct. The slideshow
    > works since I changed the extension of the pictures to small characters.

    Windows is case *insensitive* but UR's and other OSs like Unix and Linux
    are not. foo.jpg, Foo.jpg & FOO.JPG are not the same file.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 17, 2011
  4. Fokke Nauta

    > Fokke Nauta wrote:
    >
    >> Now you got me lost a bit. The directory structure is correct. The
    >> slideshow
    >> works since I changed the extension of the pictures to small characters.

    > Windows is case *insensitive* but UR's and other OSs like Unix and Linux
    > are not. foo.jpg, Foo.jpg & FOO.JPG are not the same file.

    Hi Jonathan,

    Yes, I know. I should have checked this. Then I would have found the
    problem.

    Cheers,
    Fokke

    Fokke Nauta, Dec 18, 2011
  5. Fokke Nauta

    "Hot-Text" <> wrote in message
    > "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    >> Fokke Nauta wrote:
    >>
    >>> Now you got me lost a bit. The directory structure is correct. The
    >>> slideshow
    >>> works since I changed the extension of the pictures to small characters.

    >> Windows is case *insensitive* but UR's and other OSs like Unix and Linux
    >> are not. foo.jpg, Foo.jpg & FOO.JPG are not the same file.
    >>

    > Jonathan
    > I believe that was were some of the, a bit lost came in...
    > I running a Windows XP with IE8
    > and when he changed the extension of the pictures to small characters,
    >
    > Whoop this it is,
    > Now I see the slideshow
    >
    > and now looking forward for a good long Holladay......

    It's a nice script, the slideshow.

    For me it's time for a holyday as well.
    Enjoy yours!

    Cheers,