small question

Guest

I have a bound field set to visible="false". I have a custom command button,
which posts back and I want to get the value of this field that is set to
visible="false" and this field is an ID field, and I don't want to show it up
in the gridview, but I want to be able to access the value. HOW ?

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

On the custom command button template, use the ID. You then have the ID
available and it corresponds to fairly normal patterns.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

Swanand Mokashi

The same as you will access any other control/cell of the gridview. Make
sure along with the visible you also set the "ReadOnly=true" -- that way
your invisible cell will be available even if you go to say Edit Mode.

HTH

--
Swanand Mokashi
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
technology ...

http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services