    standard <input type=text> ?

    TIA.
    ../JLK

    Akhenaten, May 29, 2007

  2. On May 29, 10:19 am, Akhenaten <> wrote:
    > I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell, what's the
    > best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
    > standard <input type=text> ?

    <input type="text" size=width_in_characters >
    e.g.-
    <input type="text" size=10 >

    OR

    <input type="text" style="width:Width" >
    e.g.-
    <input type="text" style="width:10em">

    scripts.contact, May 29, 2007

  3. Akhenaten wrote:
    > I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell, what's the
    > best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
    > standard <input type=text> ?

    ..itzybitzy { font-size: .5em; }

    <input type="text" class="itzybitzy" value="Insanely small!">

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, May 29, 2007
  4. Akhenaten

    Akhenaten Guest

    > .itzybitzy { font-size: .5em; }
    >
    > <input type="text" class="itzybitzy" value="Insanely small!">
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Thx, the CSS bit was what I needed.

    Akhenaten, May 29, 2007
  5. Scripsit Akhenaten:

    > I'm working with limited space in a particular table cell,

    Then fix the thing that created this problem...

    > what's the
    > best way to create an input text box that is a bit smaller than the
    > standard <input type=text> ?

    .... instead of creating new problems.

    The default font size in input boxes is already typically 90% of the basic
    font size*), so making it even smaller is a bad move. If you want user
    input, why would you make it hard to him to see what he is writing?

    *) So the CSS code
    input { font-size: 100%; }
    is worth considering.

    --