SmartNav Problem with Sound

vbGansta

Hi there,

Here is my problem. I have a web app that displays some data. When an
error occurs I play an alarm wav file. I have done this with the following:

RegisterStartupScript("Sound", "<bgsound src=""" & SoundFile & """ >")

It works just fine when I don't use smart navigation. When I have it set to
true in the declarations section of the page it plays the sound twice. Any
ideas on how to remedy this? My users really want to have the smart nav
functionality.

Thanks

bruce barker

because smart nav works by posting to a hidden frame, then coping the
content to the main frame, your sound happens twice. you should write client
script to set the sound. note: when smart nav is on, the client script will
only run in the iframe.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

HI bruce
Could you please tell me how to make the client script run in IFrame.

Thanks