SmartNavigation breaks CSS inside IFRAME

jordan.weberflink

I built a new module for an existing ASP based web application. I was
asked to put the new module (ASPX page with ASCX user controls) into an
IFRAME on an asp page. The IFRAME src attribute points to the virtual
directory where the ASPX page is hosted.

When SmartNavigation is enabled, CSS rules linked to the ASPX page are
not applied after the first postback WITHIN INTERNET EXPLORER. The CSS
rules continue to be applied within other browsers (i.e. firefox).

When SmartNav is disabled, I see the expected behavior.

The ASPX page is fairly simple, two content divs absolutely positioned
with CSS and some navigation links. Just thought I'd share. Obviously
SmartNav is now disabled for this application.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

this is a limitation of using smart navigation (which is only enabled for
IE). smart nav works by posting to a hidden frame, then javascript copies
dom info from the hidden frame to the primary frame.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

jordan.weberflink

Bruce -

Thanks for the explanation. As for anyone interested in a solution, I
am afraid my solution was to shut it off. My development is targeted at
IE + Firefox these days, so this was simply unacceptable. I redesigned
the vertical flow of the site, and it looked better for it.