SmartNavigation causes javascript error...

Thomas Lin

With smart navigation turned on (either in the web.config or the page
directive), I'm getting a javascript error on a lot of pages on my
website.

The error is "Illegal Assignment".

function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) {
var theform;
if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1)
{
theform = document.forms["index"];
}
else {
theform = document.index;
}
theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":");
*** theform.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
theform.submit();
}

I've put three asterisks in front of the line it says is a problem.

As soon as I turn SmartNavigation off, there is no javascript error.

Anyone have any ideas? We go to production in 2 weeks and could
really use SmartNavigation to handle some postbacks.

Thanks in anticipation!

Thomas N. Lin