SmtpException with email form

Guest

hi everyone,

i'm sorry for bugging you with this email form but i need it done.

i have some code that is executes at the press of a button:

System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient EmailMessage = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient();
EmailMessage.Host = "smtp.gmail.com";
EmailMessage.Send(FromAddress.Text, "(e-mail address removed)", "** BRUNEL
WEBSITE CONTACT E-MAIL **", "Name: " + FullName.Text + "\n\nE-mail Address: "
+ FromAddress.Text + "\n\nMessage:\n\n" + EMailMessage.Text);

Sorry for the bad presentation.
EmailMessage is the System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient
EMailMessage is the textbox with the message text in it
FullName is a textbox in which one enters ones full name
FromAddress is the email address that is sending it to me

when i push the button, i get an SmtpException. i dont know what it is/does
and i dont know how to handle it. can anyone help me with this exception?

thanks in advance
--
Look Out!

Helter Skelter
Yellow Submarine
Pepperland

PS. Get Back!

Karl Seguin [MVP]

What's the actual exception? What's the message?

If you don't know, you could simpy wrap the code in a try, and spit out the
exception in a catch for debugging.

Karl

Christopher Reed

Given that your host is smtp.gmail.com, I would find it quite amazing that
Google would allow relaying through their mail server. In other words, you
probably are not getting through since relaying is not available on your
SMTP server.

Suggestion: Try use 127.0.0.1 as your SMTP host instead.

sloan

Check my blog:
http://spaces.msn.com/sholliday/
the
2/8/2006

While my blog is more info than you're looking for, imbedded in the examples
are
1.1 code using smtp.gmail.com
and
2.0 code using smtp.gmail.com

Believe or not, my tests show that 1.1 and 2.0 need different port numbers.

My smtp configuration handler is ..... (if I can be so bold) ... very clean
and very nice.

Sloan