smtplib "authentication required" error

Discussion in 'Python' started by cher, May 17, 2008.

  1. cher

    cher Guest

    Hey,

    Don't know if you can help, but I'm trying to import archived messages
    from Thunderbird into my gmail account and keep getting these types of
    errors. I am using the GML program to help incorporate, but the SMTP
    server is not being recognized by gmail. Am I doing something wrong?
    Anything else I can try?
    SMTP I've tried:
    smtp.gmail.com
    gsmtp56.google.com

    Error Val : (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
    m29sm9416768poh.4',
    *** 76 ERROR SENDING MESSAGE FROM:
    *** UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER OR SEND MESSAGE. ERROR FOLLOWS.
    Error Type: smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused
    Error Val : (530, '5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first.
    n22sm9448670pof.3', '')

    Thanks,
    Cher

    cher, May 17, 2008