SMTPlib Sender Refused?

erikcw

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email message with python, and I'm getting this
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "wa.py", line 430, in ?
main()
File "wa.py", line 425, in main
smtp.sendmail(fromaddr, to, msg.encode('utf-8'))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/smtplib.py", line 680, in sendmail
raise SMTPSenderRefused(code, resp, from_addr)
smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused: (503, 'sender already given',
'(e-mail address removed)')

What is causing this?

Thanks!
Erik

reed

Hi,

I'm trying to send an email message with python, and I'm getting this
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "wa.py", line 430, in ?
main()
File "wa.py", line 425, in main
smtp.sendmail(fromaddr, to, msg.encode('utf-8'))
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/smtplib.py", line 680, in sendmail
raise SMTPSenderRefused(code, resp, from_addr)
smtplib.SMTPSenderRefused: (503, 'sender already given',
'(e-mail address removed)')

What is causing this?

Thanks!
Erik

This error is given when the MAIL command has already been sent.

Usually this is indicative of some command failing (maybe invalid rcpt
to:??) and retrying without sending the RSET command.

Try connecting manually and see what you get.

~r