SMTPMail.Send

Music Lover

I use the method myMail.Send but receive the following error message:

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server response
was: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for (e-mail address removed)

Many thanks for any insight.

Martin

if you are using "localhost" as your smtp server you will have to alter this
in the IIS console on your local machine.

open IIS
Select node "default smtp virtual server"
right click and select properties
Access tab
"Relay restrictions" button (at bottom of tab)
change the settings to whatever you like.

if your doing this on a production machine that is exposed to the net, be
carefull not to create
a machine that the whole world can relay off...

cheers

martin.