SNMP support for Python under Windows

WIWA

I'm looking for SNMP support in Python. I have found pySNMP, but I'm
not sure whether this works under Windows as well. A few questions:

1) Where do I need to install the pySNMP files?
2) What do I have to do in order to be able to write somethin like:
"from pysnmp import session"

Thakns in advance for all input

Peter Hansen

WIWA said:
I'm looking for SNMP support in Python. I have found pySNMP, but I'm
not sure whether this works under Windows as well.

Yes, it does.
A few questions:

1) Where do I need to install the pySNMP files?

Doesn't it install with distutils? If so "python setup.py --install"
or whatever it says in the README would work. Sorry, I haven't
installed it lately.

If it doesn't have instructions, put the files under the
c:/python/lib/site-packages directory.
2) What do I have to do in order to be able to write somethin like:
"from pysnmp import session"

Install, then type "from pysnmp import session".... ;-)
Thakns in advance for all input

(If you're having troubles, please note versions and platform
next time, for Python, PySNMP, and Windows.)

-Peter

WIWA

Hi Peter,

Thanks for this useful information. I tried this on my Windows2000
system and it seems to work. I used distutils and modified the PATH
entry. I'll check on my Windows XP machine and will let you know if I
found any discrepancy.

Thanks again for all your effort. I have another question, but will
put that in a separate message on this discussion forum. Any help is
welcome.

- Wim