SNMP support

Peter Hicks

Hello

I am the author of NetHorus, a Network Management System written in Ruby, using
Rails, and originally written in PHP/perl.

There are several limitations in Ruby's SNMP support, most notably in MIB
parsing. For anything but simple single-OID GETs, this is is a significant
problem. MIB files contain, amongst other things:

* Structure information about table constructs
* Syntax information for returned OIDs (units, enumerations etc.)
* Descriptions of OIDs

Is anyone working on enriching the SNMP support to include MIB intelligence,
possibly using the existing libsnmp from Net-SNMP?

Peter