So I got thinking today...

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
So I was thinking: ideal computer programming consists of accounting for every single thing.

This sounds kind of absurd.

The reality of this, however, is freaking nuts.

If we were to do this with documentation, we would end up with some basic stuff accounted for (e.g. "10", lets say in php, would point to general documentation about integers, and possibly to information about what 10 itself is and means, but we would have documentation that was perfect to the nth degree, which had karat).

What is the status of this kind of thing in the computer programming world (and beyond!)?

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
Almost everything has a manual to explain what each element does, but above and beyond that we have things like using a list as a menu, which some programmer figured out, Is that what you're talking about?

Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
The general idea is simply that everything comes down to one thing, like you would naturally want a computer program to be.

So basically let’s say gets/sets for every variable, with filtration for each, or just some sort of across the board rule.

It sounds a little trivial, but that’s the point, it trivializes the process of programming a computer.

But yea that’s generally what I’m looking for is how far along is the world in terms of factorization, are there any metrics for this sort of thing, etc.

Last edited:
Joined
Jun 15, 2022
Messages
101
Reaction score
0
I figure that if you DID have gets/sets (with filtration) for every variable in a system you end up with perfect output.

And I mean that’s about it! Beyond that is merely the piping of that data.

So long story short I’m trying to figure out the general terrain at that point, to not reinvent the wheel as much as possible.

Joined
Sep 4, 2022
Messages
128
Reaction score
16
hello cinder,

It's to 'start at best' with input, so the process, then the output will be ok.

and one important thing too, the 'need' and the technology ( chosen language to code / and so and so ), that few parameters which will build the scripts/instructions/software to become. and that change all.

every 'needs' have their solutions. It's plural / infinite