So you think PythonCard is old? Here's new wine in an old bottle.

John Henry

Ok, here is how it works for me: copy all the *.rsrc.py from the
modules subdirectory to the parent directory. This works for the
standard resourceEditor folder and your custom layoutEditor folder.
What the heck. Now I can deal with more productive things...

Mmmmmm...this is a Mac thing.

jbarciela

John, you are the man
during my search for perfection, I found Qooxdoo (http://qooxdoo.org/).

I found QxTransformer (http://sites.google.com/a/qxtransformer.org/qxtransformer/Home) which is a
XSLT toolkit that creats XML code that invoke qooxdoo.

Qooxdoo is indeed really impressive. But I read that YAHOO will serve
the javascript files for you from their CDN when you use YUI, for
free, and that's no peanuts, so I wonder, did you find anything at all
like that that could be used with YUI?

I have evaluated XForms, Laszlo, Flex, ZK, ... but I have to say
QxTransformer is the cleverest solution I have found so far (thanks to
you). I love it.

I want Pythoncard.

I feel with you

Thanks!
Jaime

John Henry

John, you are the man

Qooxdoo is indeed really impressive. But I read that YAHOO will serve
the javascript files for you from their CDN when you use YUI, for
free, and that's no peanuts, so I wonder, did you find anything at all
like that that could be used with YUI?

Sorry but I don't know any of this. I am pretty new to web
programming.
I have evaluated XForms, Laszlo, Flex, ZK, ... but I have to say
QxTransformer is the cleverest solution I have found so far (thanks to
you). I love it.

I feel with you

I have done quite a bit of work to improve things. We are now
officially calling the project PyQooxCard. See:

http://sites.google.com/a/qxtransformer.org/qxtransformer/Home

I put together my first app which took less than a day. Not bad
because there are 36 screens, and over 100 data fields. See:

http://epc.powersystemadvisors.com

3 cheers to PythonCard.

paul

Have you shown this stuff to the google AppEngine folks!
Thats being touted as the thing that'll make web-2 easy

but you have to write code (Python) which will turn off 99% of
possible users.

What made Hypercard really great (and Supercard on DOS, and the new
clones like Revolution) is that it was a drag-n-drop GUI designer, it
"built-in" the data storage (persistence layer is what we call it now)
it was INTEGRATED, (you only had to get the one thing, not heinz-57-
bloody-pieces) and it used an easily-readable interpreted programming
language.

App-Engine has the persistence, and the integration, its missing the
others and without them it'll never be great.

call those guys, they need you!
I need your stuff on their infrastructure. THAT would be worth a case
of champagne.

alex23

Have you shown this stuff to the google AppEngine folks!
Thats being touted as the thing that'll make web-2 easy
App-Engine has the persistence, and the integration, its missing the
others and without them it'll never be great.

Google App Engine is _only_ focused on providing a framework for
scaleable apps, the GUI end is left entirely up to the developer (and
really _shouldn't_ be integrated at that level, IMO).

There's nothing preventing you from building something on top of GAE
that does what you want; using their AJAX Libraries API is a good
place to start: http://code.google.com/apis/ajaxlibs/