SOAP and Chunked Transfer

Eric

Hi,

I have a .NET client and Java web service.

I send an request and the answer with a correct SOAP message.

But on the .NET client I get an exeption from the XML deserializer that he
has found characters which he doesn't understand.

When I look at the respond (via network monitor), I see that the message was
sent as chunked transfer coding (transfer-coding = "chunked").
The XML parser has problem with content length character before the XML
message (Exception is thrown in Invoke method). It seems that these
characteres are not filtered.

Where could be the problem?
Wrong encoding?
HTTP 1.0 used?

Does the .NET SoapHttpClientProtocol support 'chunked' HTTP messages?

Thanks
Eric

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the posting. Regarding on the issue, I am
finding proper resource to assist you and we will update as soon as posible.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security(This posting is provided "AS IS",
with no warranties, and confers no rights.)

[MSFT]

Hi Eric,

I suspect HTTP 1.1 is used with the request. I suggest you may try use HTTP
1.0 to send the request, for example, make a 1.0 request by setting the
HTTPWebRequest.ProtocolVersion to HttpVersion.Version10.

Luke

Dino Chiesa [Microsoft]

I have had heisenberg issues related to this.
Using the network monitor actually changed the behavior I was seeing in some
cases. (not sure why, maybe just a broken network monitor). This doesn't
happen always, but I did battle it once.

But to answer your question, yes, .NET does support chunking.

-D