SOAP and Chunked Transfer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Eric, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Hi,

    I have a .NET client and Java web service.

    I send an request and the answer with a correct SOAP message.

    But on the .NET client I get an exeption from the XML deserializer that he
    has found characters which he doesn't understand.

    When I look at the respond (via network monitor), I see that the message was
    sent as chunked transfer coding (transfer-coding = "chunked").
    The XML parser has problem with content length character before the XML
    message (Exception is thrown in Invoke method). It seems that these
    characteres are not filtered.

    Where could be the problem?
    Wrong encoding?
    HTTP 1.0 used?

    Does the .NET SoapHttpClientProtocol support 'chunked' HTTP messages?

    Thanks
    Eric
    Eric, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Hi Eric,

    Thank you for the posting. Regarding on the issue, I am
    finding proper resource to assist you and we will update as soon as posible.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security(This posting is provided "AS IS",
    with no warranties, and confers no rights.)
    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 24, 2004

  3. Eric

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hi Eric,

    I suspect HTTP 1.1 is used with the request. I suggest you may try use HTTP
    1.0 to send the request, for example, make a 1.0 request by setting the
    HTTPWebRequest.ProtocolVersion to HttpVersion.Version10.

    Luke
    [MSFT], Jul 26, 2004
  4. I have had heisenberg issues related to this.
    Using the network monitor actually changed the behavior I was seeing in some
    cases. (not sure why, maybe just a broken network monitor). This doesn't
    happen always, but I did battle it once.

    But to answer your question, yes, .NET does support chunking.

    -D

    Dino Chiesa [Microsoft], Jul 28, 2004