SOAP4R basic auth

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Rickard Sjostrom, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Hi!
    I'm trying to get SOAP4R running under ruby-1.8.5-preview3 +
    http-access2 (you can also update 1.8.4 with latest SOAP4R +
    http-access2 I guess).

    Everything works too well... I'm suspecting that this basic auth thing
    in SOAP4R only is for the client???

    See these, server and client:
    http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r/browser/trunk/sample/soap/basicauth
    The third line in the server.rb file states:
    # SOAP server cannot use WEBrick's httpauth feature for now...
    I dont use any webserver, I run standalone server, pure SOAP i guess...

    I want the server to fail the client when sending incorrect user/passwd,
    now it doesnt matter what I send, the client gets access and the RPC
    succeed no matter what passwd I send!!!

    Am i missing something here? Do the webbserver need to be integrated?
    (that is, do I need to run a full webbservice to get this to work
    correctly?)

    Thanks!

    /Rick

    Rickard Sjostrom, Aug 17, 2006